Welcome to VIVID Prosthodontics
Vivid Prosthodontics specializes in reconstructive, implant, and cosmetic dentistry as well as facial rejuvenation. We invite you to visit our specialty dental practice, where we take pride in providing the highest quality dental care as well as customer service to our patients. Dr. Arif Sumar is our Board-Certified Specialist in Prosthodontics. Dr. Sumar is dedicated to providing the highest quality care to each and every one of our patients. Our practice is designed to solve the issues that many people have with regards to the aesthetics, functionality, and comfort of their teeth.
All cosmetic and restorative treatment performed at Vivid Prosthodontics follows the three principles of form, function and beauty; creating well-balanced, natural-looking results. Through the combination of art and science, our experienced dental specialists utilize the newest technology to create exceptionally beautiful smiles. Our unique take on smile design incorporates your personal image goals combined with traditional facial aesthetic principles to enhance your smile.
Though many of our patients are referred to our office by general dentists or other specialists, we would be more than happy to consult with patients without a referral as well.
UPDATE ON NEW OFFICE PROTOCOLS
We want to update you on our office, it’s measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team safe and healthy. Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the treatment area.
- Please bring your own mask and wear it to your appointment. If you do not have your own, we will provide one.
- We ask that all patients stand behind the front desk barrier when checking in or out of the office
- Your temperature will be taken by our staff using a touch-less thermometer. If your temperature is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit (or 37.7 Celsius), we will request that you leave the office without completing treatment and self-isolate in accordance with the Alberta Health Services guidelines. Alberta Health Services Guidelines
- A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, travel, and well-being will be emailed to you. We ask that the form be completed 24 hours prior to your arrival at the office. COVID-19 Patient Consent Form
- Please maintain the 6 feet social distancing guidelines while at the office.
- We ask that all patients sanitize their hands upon entering the office.
- Patients are to rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse prior to initiating treatment. We ask that you rinse for 30 seconds.
- We will not be able to provide our comfort menu at this time due to the pandemic, which includes the beverage station, magazines and blankets.
- Please understand that new equipment mandates have been provided by the Alberta Dental Association and College which include the utilization of face shields, gowns, and surgical caps for certain procedures due to COVID-19. These measures have been applied in our office for the safety of our patients and our staff.
- We will be taking the temperatures of every team member twice a day, immediately upon arrival at work, and after lunch. Any team member at 100 F (37.7 C) or above will be sent home.
- Every team member will answer the same health questionnaire as our patients every day. If any answered questions indicate a possible COVID-19 infection, the team member will be sent home to self-quarantine.
- As per the ADA&C guidelines, strict hand hygiene protocols have been implemented. Our team will be washing their hands upon entry to the office, before and after contact with patients, after contact with contaminated surfaces and between procedures. Hand Hygiene Protocol
You will find upon arrival that we have made changes to our reception area seating to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and our team. We ask that you maintain social distancing in the reception area.